Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Not a resolution. A restart.






It has been over 3 months since I have posted anything here.  It has also been 3 months since I have seen the inside of a gym.  I have been struggling the last few months with getting myself motivated.  I have had knee pain issues.  Not just one, but both now.  I have had foot pain issues.  But the biggest issue has been me.  I had a bad bought of depression in late October/early November.

It started in the middle of rehearsing for a play.  I was struggling just to have enough energy and will power to function, much less rehearse and exercise. So I stopped.  With help from my meds, a great wife and some awesome friends here I am again. Trying to find the will power to hit it again.

So I went back and read my very first posting.  W.I.N> (what's important now)
This is what I posted at the time.  "We all must decide this every minute of everyday.  We need to decide what's important now.  We need to learn how to balance work, family, exercise and the everyday pressures that life throws at us."

This may be the best advise I every got from my trainer at the time.W.I.N> (what's important now)
 We need to decide every day of our life. What's important now.  For those 3 months I was away, the gym was not important.  Don't get me wrong it should have been more important then I made it.

Reading that first post reminded me that getting fit is important.  But it also reminded me to stop beating myself up over it. Life will happen,  There will be mountains and valleys.  We need to remember to celebrate when we reached the top of the mountain and learn and grow when we are in the valleys.

So ask yourself WHAT'S IMPORTANT NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment