Saturday, January 24, 2015

ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT







So I have hit the rowing machine again.  I read some where it is better on your knees than the treadmill and you get a better all body work out.  

Of course it was Saturday,  I didn't get there till 10AM.  So the gym was in full swing.  Both Rowing Machines were open.  I start my workout and I am rowing along.  Feeling pretty good.  About 5 minutes into my workout that guy comes and rows next to me.  I am sure I have talked about him in a previous post. 

He is the sleeveless shirt guy who thinks he is a the pro and looks at anyone with more body fat than him should leave the guy.  This is the gut who previously told someone who asked for a spot "if you can't lift that yourself.  You shouldn't be lifting.  I managed to get through close to 15 minutes of rowing.  My goal was 20.  I was feeling good so far. Than I saw him giving me that look.  What are you doing here.  This is for fit people. You are not fit.  15 minute is all you can do.

So I was getting mad at myself.  Thinking I could do better.  I could work harder. I decided to keep going and started the rest of my workout.  I was so glad I ran into to this guy.  Yes I said I was glad. With every Kettle bell Swing, One leg dead lift and with every climb of the stairs.  I thought about that guy. I thought who does he think he is.  I am not going to let this one jerk derail my progress.  I am going to use it to achieve my goal.   

So Mr I am better than everyone else in the gym.  Get over yourself.  Because believe it or not we all 
workout. 




No comments:

Post a Comment