Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tweet and Facebook while on the treadmill. I am still working on not passing out on the treadmill

So I finally made it to the gym today. I was worried about how my knees where going to do.  Well I had to figure out how to use the new treadmill first.  It was not to hard to figure out.  Just lots of options. It had the usual treadmill stuff.   You can watch TV or You Tube while running.  If you don't want to just listen to music. You can watch music videos. Ok, I get it.  More things to keep you distracted the longer you will run.  I think the coolest option is it is linked to my fitness pal.  This treadmill has WiFi.

The 2 strangest things I found is you can Tweet and Facebook  while running.  WHAT?  Come on people.  Who is running on a treadmill and go. Hey lets tweet while running.  In a 140 characters or less I am going to Tweet about the sweaty guy next to me. Better yet " Just finished mile 12 at a 15 incline. Going to slam a protein shake now".   I need to work on just concentrating on not falling off  the thing.  Much less trying to run and type.

Next thing you know it will have the Internet so you can order Pizza Hut for after the workout.  How about we add so type of device to shock you when you are not running fast enough. How about a camera that takes pics of you. But it shows you at your goal. Now that is useful.

How about someone create a kettlebell that counts for you or reminds you when to inhale and when to exhale.






Back to the workout.  It was short but sweet.  I was worried my knees were going to hurt.  No pain while running.  Started out slow and worked my way up.  I didn't go to far up on the incline.  I also hit some kettlebells, planks and did some squats.

I was prepared for it to feel like I was starting over.  I was easier than I thought.  I am not saying I was not sweating and breathing hard.  But it felt good knowing I could still do it.  I am going to pull out my workouts from Alex and hit it hard again.




No comments:

Post a Comment