Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

Today is a long posting. It was the first day of school. so my schedule opened up for working out. 

I hit the gym today.  I mean, I seriously hit the gym.  It was GREAT.  I was prepared for it to be like starting over.  Twenty minutes on the treadmill flew by.  I averaged a speed of five for most of the run.  My incline went from 5-12 with 2 minute intervals at each incline. It felt good.  It was not a tired, I can't do it feeling .  
It was a wow I am doing it and it feels good feeling.  Don't get me wrong.  It was still hard, but a good hard. 



I than hit the Kettlebells.  Time was limited. I needed to pick up the girls from school. So I did 2 sets of 15 of each 


                                               One leg Kettlebell deadlifts

                                                              Squats

                                               CrushCurls

                                               Kettlebell presses

                                          30 second Planks

Wait I decided I wasn't done yet.  I got home and decided to try my new workout toy.  My dry ice body slide mat.  I forgot how hard it was to do.  I only got thru about 10 minutes. 5 for lower body and 5 for upper body.  


Well you would think I had enough.  I found this new App called FitStar.  It will give me 2 training sessions per week for free.  I had to do a six minute all out assessment.  I think I should have waited a day.  WoW that was a hard six minutes.  

I than wrapped up the night by helping my father-in-law do some demo work on his deck.  I hope I can get out of bed in the morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment